Spending time in-community with our partners has the potential to provide you with a life changing experience. Undertaking an in-community placement involves immersing yourself in the daily life of the partner community; assisting and teaching at local schools and enjoying the day to day rhythm of life in community.
Placement lengths differ according to the needs of the our partner communities but range from 3 - 11 months. In general we encourage a minimum of a 6 month placement to get the most out of this experience. As previous volunteers say "the second hardest night is your first night, the hardest night is your last".
A minimum of two volunteers are allocated to any placement where you will be provided food and lodging within the community.
- The application process
- Visa and Pre-departure information
- Formation weekend
- Teacher training including classroom management and lesson planning
- Logistical training including risk management, culture and language
- In-country Transfers from airport to project
- Hotel accommodation on arrival for Chiang Mai
- Food and accommodation
- Motorbikes and fuel for travel to schools in Thailand
- Mid-year retreat
- 24-hour support and pastoral care from partners onsite
- 24-hour emergency support from TWA team in Australia
- Regular check ins from TWA team in Australia
- Debrief weekend on return
- Two Wolves Abroad t-shirt and hoodie and Cardoner Project polo shirt
- Travel on weekends and school holidays
- Local SIM card and credit
- Luxury items – sweets, alcohol, restaurant meals etc.
- Activities not linked to the program eg. safaris, rafting, scuba diving etc.
- Motorbike fuel for personal travel in Thailand
- Bed linen and mosquito nets in Tonga